post, and inspired by a quick trip through Montana and central Idaho, I wanted to take a quick poll. What are your top five mountain-town bars (or, if you don't have a lot of experience in the Rockies, what are you top five bars, period)?
Here are mine:
1. The Lariat, Buena Vista, Colorado
2. The Moose, Dillon, Montana
3. The El Rancho, Durango, Colorado
4. The Victoria Tavern, Salida, Colorado
5. The Roosevelt, Ketchum, Idaho
The honorable mention list: The First National, Pocatello, Idaho; the Green Parrot, Buena Vista, Colorado; The Enterpise, Rico, Colorado; The Scotia Inn, Scotia, California; Timbers, Gunnison, Colorado.
Let's see your Top Five. Enjoy.