Here's what you'll need:
- Four cups chopped smoked brook trout--put it in a food processor and puree it for best results. Do your best to remove all the bones.
- Three cups cream cheese, softened.
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One-half teaspoon red pepper
- One chopped yellow or purple onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a food processor, and blend together nicely. You can shape the final product into a "cheese ball" and even coat it with good chopped smoked almonds, or you can simply put it in a bowl. The smoky flavor of the fish, combined with the garlic and onions is excellent, and the red pepper gives it a bit of a kick. Enjoy...